VDS remains the only vascular lab in the area accredited in four areas of testing:
The lab also requires all technologists to be registered in vascular ultrasound through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Carotid ultrasound
- Abdominal ultrasound for renal circulation, mesenteric circulation, aortic aneurysms and iliac circulation
- Arterial studies for extremity arterial circulation and bypass graft
- Stent or aortic endograft surveillance
- Venous ultrasound for deep vein thrombosis or venous insufficiency
- Preoperative vein mapping for graft placement and dialysis fistula placement
- Endovenous laser therapysclerotherapy
- Venous stripping and radio frequency ablation
VDS offers the most comprehensive vascular studies, utilizing the most up-to-date equipment and technology available. Vascular studies conducted at VDS assist in the diagnosis of such vascular disorders as venous disease, vascular disease, peripheral arterial disease, cerebrovascular disease and abdominal aortic aneurysm, and are interpreted by USA’s vascular surgeons, all of whom have been working in the field of vascular surgery and vascular ultrasound for several years. VDS also offers patients a comprehensive vascular screening program for the early detection of vascular issues and disease.
VDS serves four vascular surgeons and is supported by nine vascular techs — all of whom are registered RVTs through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) — and four professional staff members. USA vascular surgeons are all recognized by ICAVL as meeting strict standards for the interpretation of vascular exams.
In addition, VDS Medical Director Dr. Michael Greer and Dr. Ehsan Benrashid have acquired the Registered Peripheral Vascular Interpreter (RPVI) designation through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Technologists (ARDMT).